Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
corodyne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Desktop vs. Web Filled Map

Hi team,

Question:  Can anyone tell me what may be going wrong here?

I ran into a problem today with a difference between BI Desktop and BI as a Service (web).  The filled map works perfectly in the desktop version, but behaves strangely when uploaded to the service.

Details:

- All data imported into a single table (regions and states)

- Bubble map acts as a counter for density of orders, also adjusts when region is clicked

Problem:

- Filled maps regions stop working when uploaded as a service

- images below show the problem (top is desktop version of the filled map, bottom is the web service version)

PBI Desktop.PNGBI Desktop capturePBI Service Capture.PNGBI on the Web capture

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Re: Desktop vs. Web Filled Map

Hi @corodyne,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Make sure you're using the the latest version(2.48.4792.721) of Power BI Desktop.

If the issue persists, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @corodyne,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Make sure you're using the the latest version(2.48.4792.721) of Power BI Desktop.

If the issue persists, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

corodyne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Will do, thanks!

corodyne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I think this got fixed.  I tried the map again and it worked.  So, perhaps it was fixed behind the scenes.

Best,

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @corodyne,

Great to hear the problem got fixed. Could you accept your reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)