Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

viitama
Frequent Visitor

Desktop file and App relationship

Hi, I'm new to Power BI and trying to figure out following. I created basic 3 page Report/Dashboard with Power BI Desktop, saved the file on my computer. Logged in to Power BI Service and created App workspace and downloaded that file to the App and published the app, everything worked nicely and I'am happy. Then I realized that I'm missing a page, so I created one more to the file with PowerBI Desktop and saved the file with the same name. Went to Service and tried to refresh but can't get my new page to show. Is there this kind of dynamic link between files and app? or should I always delete old content and replace it with new file? what is best way to update existing content in Power BI App?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @viitama,

There isn't a connection between the local file (pbix) and the App. If you put the file in the OneDrive, you can leverage the power of Cloud Service. When you make some changes, the OneDrive will sync to the cloud file and Power BI will refresh automatically.

Desktop_file_and_App_relationship

Best Regards,

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @viitama,

There isn't a connection between the local file (pbix) and the App. If you put the file in the OneDrive, you can leverage the power of Cloud Service. When you make some changes, the OneDrive will sync to the cloud file and Power BI will refresh automatically.

Desktop_file_and_App_relationship

Best Regards,

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors