Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

burningrage

Desktop PowerBI Chart Colour looks very different to PowerBi Service

Hi,

I am aware there are quite a few topics about this issue.

Most of them claimed they fixed the issue by reimporting the "Custom Chart".

In my case, I created the charts using the Default Theme, which is obviously not custom. When I published it to PowerBi Service, the colour of my charts look markedly different. The green becomes much lighter, the yellow becomes orange, etc.

The problem becomes quite significant when I used a green colour chart which suddenly becomes very bright yellow chart, making the white font invisible for users to see.

Given I am quite new to PowerBi, how do I overcome this issue or is this a known bug that has been around since 2017?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

According to my Desktop PowerBi, the release is

2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018)

However, I noticed this morning upon login into PowerBi Service, the graph colours corrected itself to be the same as my Desktop service.

To be sure, I then reloaded my Desktop upload into the Service again and the colours are now correct.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @burningrage,

What is your Power BI desktop version, please update it to the latest release (2.63.3272.40262) for a test.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

According to my Desktop PowerBi, the release is

2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018)

However, I noticed this morning upon login into PowerBi Service, the graph colours corrected itself to be the same as my Desktop service.

To be sure, I then reloaded my Desktop upload into the Service again and the colours are now correct.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors