Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anoopcse
Helper I
Helper I

Deployment from one environment to another environment

Hi All,

I would like to know the best approach of deploying the power bi dashboard, not sure whether you can help me here. Here is my scenario:

1. We are a consulting company and we develop the power bi reports internally on our organization premise with o365 by replicating our clients environment internally
  2. The end users of the power bi dashboard is another external organization with their own domain, may not have 0365
  3. How am I supposed to do the deployment of dashboard seamlessly into their domain pointing to the database in the external organizations network?
  4. I don’t have a login under the external organizations domain, I use my organizations domain name 

I am finding it very challenging to do using power BI when it comes to deploying to the organizations domain. Can somebody help me the best approach on this ?

It would be great if you can point me to the right contact or any documentation on this.

Cheers,

Anoop

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @anoopcse

In terms of your request I can give you what I would do if it was me.

• Firstly you can only deploy and work in one Office 365 tenant at a time. So I would log into and deploy into the clients Power BI Tenant
    • NOTE: You do not have to have Office 365 to user Power BI. On sign up it will create the requirements for Power BI and behind the scenes it will create the Azure Active Directory required to authenticate the users.
  • If you have a source database somewhere else you can then use the On-Premise Gateway to connect the data. It will have to be connected to the customers Power BI Tenant.
  • Power BI - On-Premise Gateway

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ,

But note that I don't have an email id with the clients domain. How is it possible to do the deployment as the client user ? This will work only if we got a domain account with the client. This can work if I login as with one of the client provided email id. I feel this a bit odd, when it comes to enterprise deployment. Most of the tools has got an admin who is capable of doing this.

Cheers,

Anoop

Hi @anoopcse,

As far as I understand each Office 365 Tenant which includes the Azure Active Directory is effectively like a seperate Active Directory. So I am sure that where there are businesses that have multiple Active Directories this can be configured for multiple Azure Active Directories.

But the above applies where it is all under one major entity.

If you are external to this entity, as with standard practise you would always have to have a domain login to gain access.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors