Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deployment Pipelines and Workspaces

Hello, how can I assign a workspace that already exists (empty and in Premium capacity) to a deployment pipeline stage? I've assigned 1 workspace to Development but I can't seem to assign another workspace to another stage. Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

You can only assign a single existing workspace in a pipeline.

the other 2 are created as new WSs upon deploying to a stage for the first time.

see more here- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/deployment-pipelines-get-started#step-2---a... 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Embedded82
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Nimrod_Shalit is there a specific reason why we can assign workspaces pre created to all the stages?
I don't think this makes lot of sense.

For example, in our organization we create workspaces massively through DevOps pipeline running Power BI Power Shell API. I have a tuple existing of DEV, TST and PRD workspace. I can't understand why there is this limitation. I would like to assign the workspaces to the specific stage. Do you know if this is on the roadmap?

@Embedded82 this is a techinical limitation that we plan to remove. Its on the roadmap-Deployment pipelines - assign a workspace to all pipeline stages - Power Platform Release Plan | Mic...

Nimrod, can not find this feature on the readmap. Was it removed? Still waiting for the ability to assign the existing workspace to the pipeline without creating new one.

It got delayed, and still not shown in the new release notes doc.

But we are working on it right now, and we expect it to be released by end of this year (2021), hopefully even sooner.

Hi Nimrod,

This is still not availble. Was it got delayed again?

It's available for a long time.

Please try and let us know if something isn't working.

Sorry the issue described in the topic is fixed however, once I assign a workspace to a pipeline, I can't assign that workspace again to another pipeline.
Is there any specific reason for that?

Thanks!

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

You can only assign a single existing workspace in a pipeline.

the other 2 are created as new WSs upon deploying to a stage for the first time.

see more here- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/deployment-pipelines-get-started#step-2---a... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors