Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mark_carlisle
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Deployment Pipelines Unsupported Items Error but why?

I've tried to use the new Deployment Pipelines feature today. I've assigned our existing Customer Services workspace to the pipeline and set it to Production deployment stage, however, I get the following error;

Annotation 2020-05-22 050827.png

This workspace does not contain dataflows. I also get the following error when attempting to deploy to a previous stage.

Can't start the deployment
There's a problem deploying the content. Please try again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact Power BI support.
Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 6e79afe6-2b9d-4dd2-b9f5-9f8428c68819
Request ID: e2381822-4304-54c0-25c6-5f249cf9165c
Correlation ID: 19fa3fd0-b503-9ca5-54c0-7197ec50c8ca
Time: Fri May 22 2020 05:08:50 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.13322.215
Client version: 2005.2.01092-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Most of the reports in this workspace use a shared dataset that resides in another workspace called Core Datasets, that workspace does have dataflows.

Three of the reports in the Customer Services workspace have their datasets in the Customer Services workspace and those datasets have dataflows as some of their datasources.

I understand that dataflows are an unsupported item, but I took that to mean that the dataflows themselves were unsupported, not datasets using dataflows.

@Nimrod_Shalit can you explain the issue I'm facing here? As the documentation is written I seem to be using a supported configuration.

7 REPLIES 7
mark_carlisle
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Managed to do I little more testing with this.

I no longer get the error about unsupported items. I do however still get the second error;

Can't start the deployment
There's a problem deploying the content. Please try again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact Power BI support.
Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 824e786f-1652-4114-b312-b4b013c63717
Request ID: 0816fcdf-26aa-8756-e370-b4829ae591fe
Correlation ID: 138d81f5-72a9-126f-76c5-4a642c4500e0
Time: Fri May 22 2020 16:00:43 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.13322.215
Client version: 2005.2.01092-train

With a potential answer here. If this does work in a few days then I'll mark this as an answer.

I've finally resolved this error and determined that all datasets in the workspace must have the preview feature 

Store datasets using enhanced metadata format enabled, which does make sense.

This requirement is missing in the documentation though.

This is not accurate, please don't check it as a solution. 

we have solved some bugs that came up in the first days, and working on few additional bugs that customers are facing now, which should just solve most of the errors you have experienced.

However, we are not dependent on checking the 'enhanced metadata' preview for datsets.

It is supported, but not a must.

@Nimrod_Shalit@mark_carlisle:

I've unaccepted the solution for now.

Please do get back if you find another solution, or update with more information if you have.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

I'm still having issues deploying back from a production workspace.

Latest error is...

Something went wrong
Deployment couldn't be completed. If you contact Power BI support, please provide the operation ID: 36aa2d30-b064-4681-a05f-1bc975e4db27
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Time: 29/05/2020, 11:26:35
Service version: 13.0.13387.241
Client version: 2005.3.01208-train

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I advise creating a support ticket:

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Giotto

I also had an issue last week. I had a Teams call and it was fixed in 30 minutes, had to do with an invalid/corrupt dataset being deployed to that workspace.

If you have a Pro account you could open a (free) support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors