Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mogry
Advocate I
Advocate I

Deployment Pipelines - Change datasource - Cannot load model

Hello Community,

I am testing deployment pipelines at a customers premium capacity. I have create a test workspace and a productive workspace. Via data source rules I´d like to change the source when deploying from test to prd. The source is an Azure Analysis Service model. When I set up the rules I chose "Other" and added the information for the dataset. But after the deployment I get the following error when opening the report:

"Cannot load model

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again"

I have acces to the source and the report with this source in the real productive environment is working fine. When I am checking the datasource in the report in the service, deployed by the pipeline, the new and correct datasource was added to the dataset. When I am downloading the file I can´t open the report because the connection to the AAS model isn´t corret. As Server "server" and as Database "database" is used. In some way the data source isn´t changed correctly.

Best,

Mogry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mogry
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found the issue I had with the deployment pipelines and rule for changing the data source. Our modelnames were not the same...One model was named "Modell" and in the other environment "Model". This can´t be changed by the pipelines and needs do be named in both stages identical. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karola
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same problem and microsoft is looking into it since beginning of december already. 

we also connect to analysis server. 
we have for instance environment T server and database t-model. then we deploy to environment A server and a-model. 

this always worked correctly up until end of november where i now also get the error of cannot load data. So that the names of the models should be the same is not correct because it has worked normally before..

Mogry
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found the issue I had with the deployment pipelines and rule for changing the data source. Our modelnames were not the same...One model was named "Modell" and in the other environment "Model". This can´t be changed by the pipelines and needs do be named in both stages identical. 

Mogry
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have openend a support ticket and had a session with a MS PBI supporter. Unfortunately this not helped and they will discuss it internally. I will post the outcome here later.

Hi @Mogry 

It is generous of you to share your workaround in this post.  More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors