Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abpgupta
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deployment Pipeline: Versioning and Paginated report support

Hi All,

Is it possible to do reverse migration using Deployment Pipeline or do we need to go to Workspace to revert a change in lower environment?

Also, Is there any option available to put comments which each deployment when we do selective deployment? Will these comments get added to version history of files on sharepoint?

Last, Is there plan to add Paginated Reports in deployment pipeline soon?

Thanks for inputs!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @abpgupta.

good questions.

• There is no option in the deployment pipeline right now, so you'll have to do version control on your own and redeploy the right dataset in the workspace
  • You can't put comments anywhere unfortunately, that would be a good addition
  • the plan to add dataflows to deployment pipelines is on the roadmap, scheduled to be in preview for May this year. But Paginated reports is not on the roadmap yet.

There are a few items on ideas.powerbi.com which you might find useful, but all with very low vote counts, so promoting them can't hurt. I'll go and do the same, because I also think they should be higher:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @abpgupta.

good questions.

• There is no option in the deployment pipeline right now, so you'll have to do version control on your own and redeploy the right dataset in the workspace
  • You can't put comments anywhere unfortunately, that would be a good addition
  • the plan to add dataflows to deployment pipelines is on the roadmap, scheduled to be in preview for May this year. But Paginated reports is not on the roadmap yet.

There are a few items on ideas.powerbi.com which you might find useful, but all with very low vote counts, so promoting them can't hurt. I'll go and do the same, because I also think they should be higher:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors