Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Deployment Pipeline: Versioning and Paginated report support

Hi All,

Is it possible to do reverse migration using Deployment Pipeline or do we need to go to Workspace to revert a change in lower environment?

Also, Is there any option available to put comments which each deployment when we do selective deployment? Will these comments get added to version history of files on sharepoint?

Last, Is there plan to add Paginated Reports in deployment pipeline soon?

Thanks for inputs!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @abpgupta.

good questions.

• There is no option in the deployment pipeline right now, so you'll have to do version control on your own and redeploy the right dataset in the workspace
  • You can't put comments anywhere unfortunately, that would be a good addition
  • the plan to add dataflows to deployment pipelines is on the roadmap, scheduled to be in preview for May this year. But Paginated reports is not on the roadmap yet.

There are a few items on ideas.powerbi.com which you might find useful, but all with very low vote counts, so promoting them can't hurt. I'll go and do the same, because I also think they should be higher:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @abpgupta.

good questions.

• There is no option in the deployment pipeline right now, so you'll have to do version control on your own and redeploy the right dataset in the workspace
  • You can't put comments anywhere unfortunately, that would be a good addition
  • the plan to add dataflows to deployment pipelines is on the roadmap, scheduled to be in preview for May this year. But Paginated reports is not on the roadmap yet.

There are a few items on ideas.powerbi.com which you might find useful, but all with very low vote counts, so promoting them can't hurt. I'll go and do the same, because I also think they should be higher:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors