Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sthakur
Frequent Visitor

Deployment Pipeline - Not able to deploy from Dev To Test

I have been provided Admin access to Premium Workspace with P1/A4 Capacity  . I am able to assign the workspace to Dev but while deploying reports and dataset from Dev to Test , it throws following error :

Can't start the deployment

This workspace isn't assigned to a capacity. Only a workspace with an assigned capacity can be included in a pipeline. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Not sure why this error is coming. Any suggestion from the community can be of great help. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

To be able to complete deployment, both WSs should be assigned to a Premium capacity first.

please check the following:

1. make sure your Dev WS is assigned to a capacity. you should see the 'diamond' icon next to its name in the pipeline page.

2. if it is, then first deployment from dev to test should create a WS in test stage. If such WS was created when you tried to deploy, you should see it.

3. if it doesn't have the 'diamond' icon, please assign it to a capacity.

4. once they are both in a capacity, the deployment should work.

HTH,

Hi Nimrod_Shalit,

I can see diamond sign besides workspace name . It is allocated dedicated capacity . I am able to assign the workspace to Dev successfully , but throws error while deploying contents of the workspace from Dev to Test.

Alright,

that answers #1.

please move to step #2- did it create an empty WS on test stage?

if so, please continue as i wrote.

if it didn't create a WS, please open a support ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors