Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Deployment Pipelien: Back stage sync up for selected objects

Hi All

I notice that there is no option to sync back an object from prod to Test workspace unless whole Test workspace is empty.

When there are deployment pipeline errors, to migrate object to production, it is required to publish from Desktop. In that case, link is broken.

Is there any plan to provide ability to sync up for selected objects without need for removing all content from previous workspace?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Backward deployment isn't meant for updating content. If you want to fix bugs, you should fix them in Dev and deploy them forward through test and Prod. That's how you keep all updates synced across stages.

Also, without this functionality, deployment pipeline doesn't handle scenarios when Objects such as Dashboard, data flows are created in Production as self service and want to sync up back stage only for those objects.

Hi @Nimrod_Shalit 

The issue is caused by situation where deployment pipeline gave error in deploying and had to publish report directly to test and prod workspace.  Since there are other reports development happens in Dev workspace with multiple team members, just deleting everything is not a good solution in my view.

Deployment Pipeline design should take care of such scenarios as per my understanding..

If the root cause is a failed deployment, we should investigate the reason for the failure.

Please open a support ticket so we can help track the problem and enable successfull deployments.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

For "I notice that there is no option to sync back an object from prod to Test workspace unless whole Test workspace is empty."

To my knpwledge, it is the limitations of Backwards deployment : Deploying to a previous stage works only if the previous stage is empty. When deploying to a previous stage, you can't select specific items. All content in the stage will be deployed.

backwards.PNG

Refer to :

Get started using deployment pipelines, the Power BI Application lifecycle management (ALM) tool - P...Troubleshoot deployment pipelines, the Power BI Application lifecycle management (ALM) tool - Power ...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors