Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjrrkb123
Helper III
Helper III

Deploying Report & Dataset that only has Dataflows as Datasources

Hello All, 

I am seeking some assistance using deployment pipelines when deploying a dataset/report that is composed of only dataflows.

Previously, I had been unable to deploy these reports using the pipeline but now it seems dataflows are supported. However, I am getting an error that I was unsure about:
image.png

Just to confirm, this error says that all associated dataflows must be present in the stage in which the report/dataset is being deployed? This dataset supports around 25 reports in our organization and I want to make sure I get it right now that I can deploy this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@sjrrkb123 ,

now tha dataflows are supported in pipelines, the pipeline automatically connects the items in the target stage as they are connected in the source stage. for example, if you deploy a dataflow and a dataset connected to each other in Dev, we will automatically connect them the same way in Test. 
The caveat here is that if you only deploy the dataset, and the upstream dataflow isn't already in Test, it will not work. you need to make sure that you either deploy the upstream dataflow, or that it already exists in the target stage.

HTH,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@sjrrkb123 ,

now tha dataflows are supported in pipelines, the pipeline automatically connects the items in the target stage as they are connected in the source stage. for example, if you deploy a dataflow and a dataset connected to each other in Dev, we will automatically connect them the same way in Test. 
The caveat here is that if you only deploy the dataset, and the upstream dataflow isn't already in Test, it will not work. you need to make sure that you either deploy the upstream dataflow, or that it already exists in the target stage.

HTH,

@Nimrod_Shalit thank you very much for this info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors