Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete "Pinned Live Page" from Dashboard

I needed to delete a page from a report on the Power BI desktop.   I forgot that the page was pinned to a dashboard.  Now, when i view the dashboard, there is a large blank area where the pinned page used to be with the following error:

DashboardError.JPG

Since the source page is gone, how do i remove this error from the dashboard.  I am the report owner. 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Generally speaking, the elipses do not show up until you hover over a tile on the pinned live page. Since you cant see any tiles, you may have to move your mouse around on the blank tile while watching the upper right corner for them to appear.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can click the ellipsis on the right top of that visual, then click Delete button. See:

a2.PNGa3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was able to delete the page, but now in my dashboard there is empty space where the page used to be.  This looks very unprofessional, and the users would have to scroll through the empty space to get to the good data.

How do I remove the empty space?

thanks,

See picture: empty space where page used to be:

Allisonpowerbi error.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you resolve this? 

I deleted a pinned page too and now I see a blank gray square in place of the pinned page. I thought after I delete it, everything will move up accordingly. Is there a way to reorder the pinned pages?

@Anonymous @Anonymous

Sorry. I just saw these replies. If you tag people in the reply we get an email to come back and help.

You can fill the empty space or rearrange your tiles using drag and drop. If you delete the top tile, you will need to move others up/around to fill that space.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome.. that was easy. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There aren't any elipses at the top right of the page. 

Dashboard.JPG

I had slicers on the report, so I used the "Pin Live Page" option to create the dashboard. The page contained about 8 different tiles. 

I have other active dashboards that were created by pinning the entire page.  I don't see the elipses on those pages either.

Live DashboardLive Dashboard

i appreciate your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was able to follow those steps, but now there is empty space in my dashboard where the page used to be.  How do I get rid of this?

@Anonymous

Generally speaking, the elipses do not show up until you hover over a tile on the pinned live page. Since you cant see any tiles, you may have to move your mouse around on the blank tile while watching the upper right corner for them to appear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I didn't notice the scroll bar was active and that there was more "dashboard" to the right.  I was able to find the ellipses and delete the page.  Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors