Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KBO
MVP

Delete Workspaces from others as Admin

Hi together,

I searched one hour for a solution but I can't find some. So maybe one of you have a simple explaination or solution. I try to clean up our unused workspaces/ groups/ personalgroups. How can I do this only with Power BI Admin rights?

Best Kathrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@KBO ,

I'm afraid this can't be achieved. You should be the admin of that workspace then you can delete it.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi, Do you know how to assign Active Directory Group as Admin (instead of your individual email) to perform deleting of the workspaces?

*via Power BI Admin Portal or PowerShell scripts

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KBO ,

Based on my test, if you are assigned as an admin, you can delete the app workspace or new app workspace by click ellipse icon -> Edit Workspace or Workspace setting-> Delete Workspace.

Capture.PNG 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thank you for your aswer but this requires that I am a member of all workspaces, right? So what is If Im not member of all workspaces, is there any other way to delete workspaces from others?

Best,

Kathrin

Hey @KBO ,

I was looking to delete a workspace that I am not a member of, because the admin of the workspace has left the company.

If you are a Power BI Admin, you can do it in the Admin Portal.

- Go to Admin Portal on PBI Service
- Go to Workspaces,  and you will see a list of workspaces.

- Hover over the workspace to be delete, click the elipsis and select Access
- Make yourself an Admin 
- Then go into the workspace itself to delete it.

I hope this helps.

Tutu
All the way from YYC

@KBO ,

I'm afraid this can't be achieved. You should be the admin of that workspace then you can delete it.

@v-yuta-msft,

yes I thought the same thing but I hoped there is a solution to handle it without be member of the workspace :).

Best Kathrin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors