Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

azharra
Frequent Visitor

Default filter selection issue in power BI service

Hello,

We have developed power BI report and there are couple of filters has been added, among them two of it having issue which are Year and Month filters, for those filters default values has been assigned as Current FY and Current month, but during first load of report the both filter values indicating as 'All' and once we trigger the drop down action in filter it changes to Current FY.but if we view the report through Power BI Desktop every thing works as expected.

Could someone please provide comment on this issue.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lin,

Yes. may be it's a temporary issue. i wll repost if it occures again.

Thanks for your support Lin

Regards,

Azhara

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @azharra 

I have test on my side, it is the in power bi service and power bi desktop.

When change the type of slicer, value will be removed.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's only in power bi service, power bi desktop works as usual

For the first time of report loading filters shwoing as below

Image 1

image1.PNG

But it has to be as below, 

Image 2

image2.PNG

currently to get this image 2 visual,we need to trigger click on filter.other wise it remains as image 2, even if we see the 'All' ,visual values has populated according to CurrentFY and CurrentJC. i was cheking on other power bi report also from diffrent workspace as well. same thing happening, earlier it was working fine without any issue.

hi, @azharra 

I'm a little confused by your description. According to my knowledge, it is not possible to set a default value for slicer.

when you log out of Power BI and come back to a report, the same items will be selected as when you left.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162004-default-selected-slicer-o...

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Report which has ben developed through PBI descktop which has Year slicer and before we publish to PBI service we have kept CurrentFY selected.

image3.PNG

we used to save report as below and pulbish it to PBI service. 

image4.PNG

then in PBI service Year slicer should show CurrentFY right. even if we saved with above selections still  Year and Month filter shows 'All' selection.

image1.PNG

But when we drop down and see the filter selection in PBI service Year filter shows the selection which has been saved under PBI desktop, which is correct filteration.

image5.png

Problem here is that Filter visual shows 'All' selection even filteration has been done for CurrentFY and CunnetMonth.

Thanks

hi, @azharra 

I have test on my side. It works well.

For example:

In power bi desktop, I set two slicer selected two value

9.JPG

then I publish it to power bi service. it works well

10.JPG

Could you try to clear browser cache and try it again? and what is your browser?

If possible, could share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Hi,

I just checked now. it seems okay, very strange.

Thanks,

hi, @azharra 

Great! It's pleasant that it works. I suspect that it is a temporary issue.

If you consider this issue closed, please mark it as "solved". Thanks.  Smiley Very Happy

Regards,
Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes. may be it's a temporary issue. i wll repost if it occures again.

Thanks for your support Lin

Regards,

Azhara

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors