Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Decomposition Tree visual scroll issue in Power BI Service

Hello,

Attached is the decomposition tree visual which was created with sample data.
The scroll of the decomposition tree doesnot work only in Power BI service when trying to click to see more values by clicking on scroll V button in visual as highlighted in the picture/image. 
However this works fine in the Power BI desktop. Also tried increasing the number of bars to more than 10 or more than 20. 

The scroll feature of the decomposition tree simply doesnt seem to be working from yesterday in the service.

Plesae help.
MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Regards,
Anandan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous, @Anonymous , @Anonymous, @Anonymous , @blackeye17 ,

I just tested the down arrow function of decomposition tree visual in Power BI Service, it works now. Please check if it also works in your sides. Any comment please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Power BI
©Microsoft Corporation 2023. All rights reserved.
Service version13.0.19679.83
Client version2212.2.11664-train
Activity ID32076dff-9f71-4325-abe3-63168a211efb
App Instance ID6hwhq
TimeFri Jan 13 2023 12:31:32 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Your data is stored inAustralia East (New South Wales)

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm having the same issue in Germany, Version1.15.8377.1837(September 2022)

@v-yiruan-msft @refeng 

Thanks,

Tanja

sosv91

I am still having the same issue, in the US with October 2020 power BI for report server. Please provide support.

@v-yiruan-msft can you raise a support ticket and assign to PowerBi Desktop team? It's a limitation for all visuals (drop down menu for all visuals) not just decomp tree.

JuliaLiu2021

Hi @yingyinr , @lisahua46 

The scroll issue for the decomposition tree is still yet to be fixed for Finnish/Nordic users. Could you please help to create a ticket to resolve the problem? Thanks a lot in advance. 🙂

Regards,
Julia Liu

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The incident ticket has been created, someone is working on it. I will update you if there is any progress.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

Some of the users in UK (EMEA users) are still facing the scrolling issue in the decomposition tree, however it seems to be working fine for me in India.

Please do add these details in the incident raised if it would help in resolving the issue for all region users.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Anandhan

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for sharing these information, I have provide the related team with these information. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am based in Australia - facing the same issue. I have the April 2020 version installed. Works fine on the local desktop file but when published to web, the scroll doesn't work. Please have a look at the earliest and provide a resolution around this. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting the issue. The fix should be in your cluster NLT next Tuesday. Please do let us know if during next Tuesday you still hit the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

issue still persists..scroll not working on service..please help

We apologize the delay of the deployment. Our deployment team got delayed (originaly should complete Today but it doesn't complete). I will update the thread once the deployment is complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am from Brazil and tried today but still not working.

Working only in Power BI Desktop.

Hi @Anonymous, @Anonymous , @Anonymous, @Anonymous , @blackeye17 ,

I just tested the down arrow function of decomposition tree visual in Power BI Service, it works now. Please check if it also works in your sides. Any comment please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this issue arisen again?  I'm not seeing the scroll down chevron in either desktop or online service.  Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022).   'Responsive' option is greyed out.   Thx. 

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry I can't repro the issue in my destop or service. Would you please let me know which region you are working in? 

refeng_0-1673552901769.pngrefeng_1-1673552925820.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Power BI
©Microsoft Corporation 2023. All rights reserved.
Service version13.0.19679.83
Client version2212.2.11664-train
Activity ID32076dff-9f71-4325-abe3-63168a211efb
App Instance ID6hwhq
TimeFri Jan 13 2023 12:31:32 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Your data is stored inAustralia East (New South Wales)

Thanks

Hello, I have the exact same issue as originally described but experiencing it now in 2022 using the May 2022 version. 

Hi @fraser_mcleod ,

Do you have the same issue that only in Power BI service but not in the Power BI desktop?

I'd also like to confirm one thing: Which part doesn't work? Chrevon down button? or the scrolling by mouse?

Thanks

The issue only happens on our Power BI server. On desktop it is working correctly. The issue is that the chevron down button is not available. It seems as if results go off the page. Decomposition Tree Server.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors