Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcourt
Frequent Visitor

DateTime displaying in UTC instead of Central Time when data refreshed in Power BI Service

I have an hours tracking report which includes clock in and clock out dates and times . I've programed the datetimes in Central Time using DateTime.AddZone([Clock In],-2) in Power Query. My report refreshed normally in Desktop, but after I publish to Service and refresh the data, the clock in and out times show in UTC. I need my report to be in Central Time and refreshed regularly. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function DateTimeZone.SwitchZone - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

So DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Clock In], -6) (If you are referring to Central TZ in the use, but it is -5 right now. See this blog article on handling daylight savings when doing this sort of thing. Add a Refresh Time Stamp To Your Power BI Reports — ehansalytics

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function DateTimeZone.SwitchZone - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

So DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Clock In], -6) (If you are referring to Central TZ in the use, but it is -5 right now. See this blog article on handling daylight savings when doing this sort of thing. Add a Refresh Time Stamp To Your Power BI Reports — ehansalytics

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors