cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcourt
Regular Visitor

DateTime displaying in UTC instead of Central Time when data refreshed in Power BI Service

I have an hours tracking report which includes clock in and clock out dates and times . I've programed the datetimes in Central Time using DateTime.AddZone([Clock In],-2) in Power Query. My report refreshed normally in Desktop, but after I publish to Service and refresh the data, the clock in and out times show in UTC. I need my report to be in Central Time and refreshed regularly. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function DateTimeZone.SwitchZone - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

So DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Clock In], -6) (If you are referring to Central TZ in the use, but it is -5 right now. See this blog article on handling daylight savings when doing this sort of thing. Add a Refresh Time Stamp To Your Power BI Reports — ehansalytics

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function DateTimeZone.SwitchZone - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

So DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Clock In], -6) (If you are referring to Central TZ in the use, but it is -5 right now. See this blog article on handling daylight savings when doing this sort of thing. Add a Refresh Time Stamp To Your Power BI Reports — ehansalytics

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors