Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zarlot531
Helper V
Helper V

Date slicer not showing up for some users (picture)

So for some users when they look at this dashboard (in the first image below) the highlighted date slicer doesn't show up properly. There's simply a m/d/yyyy string. 

In the second image, it shows up correctly (different computer, same browser, though slightly different chrome versions). It also doesn't work in firefox correctly.

What's interesting is other date slicers work fine. It's only within the dashboard where it doesn't appear to work. When they open the actual report, it works fine. 

pic999.jpg

Pict99993.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Zarlot531 ,

And, I didn't ddo the "check what Microsoft says" on the last response.  Here is what Microsoft Support has stated:

Awareness

Power BI customers using a date slicer that has been pinned to a dashboard may experience rendering issues with the visual after refreshing the dashboard. Engineers have identified the root cause and the fix is expected to be deployed by end of the day of 11/05/2021.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Zarlot531 ,

And, I didn't ddo the "check what Microsoft says" on the last response.  Here is what Microsoft Support has stated:

Awareness

Power BI customers using a date slicer that has been pinned to a dashboard may experience rendering issues with the visual after refreshing the dashboard. Engineers have identified the root cause and the fix is expected to be deployed by end of the day of 11/05/2021.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Zarlot531 ,

I have not seen this behavior before, but, apparently some other have.  I think you should add yourself to this thread (which appears to be current right now) with the same/similar issue:

Solved: Re: Users are unable to use date slicers in app da... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Another similiar'ish issue I found determined taht the problem was the field being used in the slicer was not actually a "Date" field - and so it didn't work right once published.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors