Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

japjeets

Date of last refresh is in PST and Today date Is picking in UTC Date

Hi,

I have a report set to refresh every 30 minutes in PST time. and I show the last refresh date and time in PST on the report, and the report and displays correctly.

I have also set my dataset to always show data for today only. For this, I have a column in my date table that shows 1, if current date is today, and 0 date is not current date.

ss.PNG

I set this up in power query, using following step :

Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Is Today", each if [Date] = Date.From( DateTimeZone.SwitchZone( DateTimeZone.UtcNow(),-8 ) )then 1 else 0 )

here I used : DateTimeZone.UtcNow(),-8, so that the utc date changes to todays in the last few hrs of the day,

This doesn’t seem to be working properly.

For the entire day 12 AM to 4 pm, report works fine, but at 4 pm, today date changes to next day as a normal utc date changes, but PST time is 8 hrs behind.  

So for example, Now, i am seeing todays date as  

japjeets_0-1675054722637.png

But my last refresh that is scheduled to be refreshing every 30 minutes, shows previous date : 

japjeets_2-1675054789361.png

This means, that my report now starts looking for data from future date - which returns blank vlaues.  even as refreshes are happening in PST that is 8 hrs behind the UTC time. 

I also attempted creating another column in calendar table using dax

Slicer Column = IF('Calendar'[Date] = TODAY(), "Today",'Calendar'[Date]& "")

I also placed this column in slicer and set a filter to only show "Today" date. but still experiencing same issue. 

Looks like there is some information that i am missing and would apprecieate any guidance regarrding the same. 

Regards, 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors