cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Date formatting in App not correct

Hi there,

We are publishing reports from power BI to the Apps. 

When I open my report on the desktop app the date formatting in the slicers is showing correctly (dd/mm/yy). 

Annemie19_0-1600248022941.png

As soon as we publish to the App it changes to (mm/dd/yyyy). The date-time format on my computer is (dd/mm/yyyy)

Annemie19_1-1600248070055.png

Does anyone know if this can be changed?

Kind Regards, 

Annemie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. The problem here might be the browser. Power Bi Service is prepared to auto change dates and decimal/thousands separator automatically with the browser language. I have my Power Bi Desktop with a windows in spanish that shows dd/mm/yyyy and "," as decimal separator. When I publish to Service I don't see them that way because my browser and the page render option are in english. 

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. The problem here might be the browser. Power Bi Service is prepared to auto change dates and decimal/thousands separator automatically with the browser language. I have my Power Bi Desktop with a windows in spanish that shows dd/mm/yyyy and "," as decimal separator. When I publish to Service I don't see them that way because my browser and the page render option are in english. 

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors