Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bml123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date format in slicer is changing to mm/dd/yyyy when published to service

HI,

I have a report with date slicer and I have formatted it to dd/mm/yyyy and is working fine in PBI desktop. But when I published the report to service, the format in the date slicer is changing to mm/dd/yyyy.  I have checked the language settings in my browser and it' already set to English UK. Any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @bml123 ,

it happens when the date format you chose on the desktop has the (*). It takes whatever is the format of your browser when the report was published. If your broswer language is EN US then it will be mm/dd/yyyy.

Then if it is changed the broswer language to EN UK it will be dd/mm/yyyy. 

To avoid this, try choosing the date format you want on the desktop without the (*)

Hope this helps

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bml123 

Have you solved this problem? If yes, could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution to help others find answer faster? 

Really appreciate!
Any question, please let me know. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Tang

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bml123 

sorry for the late reply. 

1. change the settings in Desktop

vxiaotang_0-1632195342632.pngvxiaotang_1-1632194604168.png

2. make sure that English(UK) is default language in your browser.

vxiaotang_2-1632194936755.png

3. change the language settings in Service 

vxiaotang_3-1632195052362.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I was going to suggest changing the data type to "Using regional". There is a change of type in Transform Data menu to change to an specific region. You can pick date -> UK. However I have run into this post that is suggesting something else. You can check it, it's showing both the two options:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-apply-UK-date-format-dd-mm-yyyy-in-Date-slicer/m-p/5...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors