Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Date format in Live Connection

Hi All,

I wonder how you apply date format in Live connection dataset? 

Kindly advise!

5 REPLIES 5
rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Will you think making new measure for each transaction date time column is the ultimate solution? I noticed that the table visual keep spinning like forever when I pulled in the date time measure.

How would having date time as Date, Month day Year format be efficient to business world? 😉

Any other suggestion?

rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @ribisht17 ,

I read that post before, but the fact that you create a measure for each date column you want to present in report to have it format properly doesn't make sense to me that much. Any other ideas as I am more worry that extra measures just increase workload on the report.

The best way is to ask the dataset developer to address that in the original dataset. Or else you have to go with @ribisht17  recommendation. 

Hi @Tutu_in_YYC , do you mean to ask DS dev to convert date to text to fix the format before sharing the DS out to citizen dev? As the date will always present as Date, Month day Year format no matter what if being date format.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors