Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svellik
Frequent Visitor

Date format changes between Desktop and Service in time/date filter

Hi 

I have a report that is used to 2 years without problems. Last week it started to change format in Serivce to MM/dd/yyyy, instead of dd.mm.yyyy which it is in Desktop. 

The report has a page filter with date and time of day. Time of day shows with AM/PM in both Desktop and Service. 

Now in Service when useres change date it shows like 04/27/2020, and they can no longer set the time(hh:mm) in the filter, as it blanks out when the change it. 

Settings in pbix, serivce and Chrome all set to norwegian.

Any idea what has happend and how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

It didnt work even if I tried more times. 

Last week it startet to work again for me and all the other users of this report. No changes made on our side. Strange, but as it works I`m happy 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
svellik
Frequent Visitor

Added some illustration. 

This is the page filter in Power BI Desktop. Correct format, and I can change time. 

Power BI DesktopPower BI Desktop

This is the report page filter in Service when I enter the report. Date does not show:

This is the report in service when loadedThis is the report in service when loaded

This is the page filter in Service after I change the date, it changes in mm/dd/yyyy format, and after I try to change time it blanks out to 01 00 ___.

This is the filter in Service after changed date, and tried to change timeThis is the filter in Service after changed date, and tried to change time

Hi , @svellik 

I can reproduce your problem here.
 Actually the page filter still works. Just only advance filter card unable to apply dates.

30.png

And this issue has been recorded and is still being resolved.

If you want to change the filter setting,here is a workaround :

Collapse the filter pane and re-expand it. This will reset the advance filter card's bad state.

31.png32.png

33.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

Thanks for the reply. 

I can see that the work-around resets the filter to default. I can change dates, and yes they work om the report. 

But I cannot change the time filter(HH and MM). When I try to chang hh or mm then switch to 01:00. 

Is there a temporay work around for the time filter? 
And is there an ETA for the permanent fix for this issue?

Hi, @svellik 

Try it more times.

It is suggest to complete the  setting modification at one time and change the  time filter ("HH" "MM")  by typing  rather than  rolling.

35.png

What I currently know is that fix will be part of 4.2 train. I don’t know the exact time of deployment.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi

It didnt work even if I tried more times. 

Last week it startet to work again for me and all the other users of this report. No changes made on our side. Strange, but as it works I`m happy 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors