Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wkolcz
Frequent Visitor

Date column showing as multiple m/d instead of m YYYY

I imported a datasource that has a date column and it's set to date in the data transform section. I changed the format in the Data view to m YYYY (from mm-dd-YYYY) and am trying to use it as my axis in a visual.

First I noticed there is no calendar icon next to it in the field list and when I drop it into my Axis it has weekly m dd format (Apr 04, Apr 11, Apr 18, etc). I am not sure why that is happening when the only 2 dates in the 'sales_date' column is 04/01/2021 and 05/01/2021 which is being formatted in the Data view as April 2021 and May 2021. 

If I drop it into the legend, the correct 2 dates appear.

Below (from L to R) 

Line Chart Visual | Fields View

Column value in Tansform Data | Column value from Data View

why_dates.PNGwhy_dates2.PNG

why_dates3.PNGwhy_dates4.PNG

Thank you for any help you can offer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wkolcz ,

I have reproduced your problem. The cause of the above problem is the setting of Type in the x-axis, which needs to be changed from Continuous to Categorial.

vhenrykmstf_0-1624614618076.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1624955384846.png

In addition, if you want to display the calendar icon, just check "auto data/time" in options->data load.

vhenrykmstf_2-1624614633349.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wkolcz ,

I have reproduced your problem. The cause of the above problem is the setting of Type in the x-axis, which needs to be changed from Continuous to Categorial.

vhenrykmstf_0-1624614618076.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1624955384846.png

In addition, if you want to display the calendar icon, just check "auto data/time" in options->data load.

vhenrykmstf_2-1624614633349.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors