Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

twalsh0625
Advocate I
Advocate I

Date Slider not allowing single day

Has anyone noticed that when selecting a single day in the date slicer visual, the second date (either start or stop, depending on order selected) reverts to the earliers or latest date available?

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @twalsh0625

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? We need to know what “second date” refers to.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I believe the issue relates to point 2 of a similar issue posted by:

Date Slicer behavior incorrect in Service Status: Accepted

by mcolb88 Frequent Visitor Monday

Thanks
Kyle
kyle705
Frequent Visitor

To add to my previous comments. Functionality works in Power BI desktop. However, once published it does not work.

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

I have noticed this today. Was just about to raise this issue myself.

IGray
Frequent Visitor

We have the same problem, up until last week you could select a single date.  The problem is customers want to select both date range and a single date, it does not make sense to have a date slider and a seperate visual to select a single date.

@twalsh0625 If you want to single select a particular day use the "List" functionality. The slider is for dates between, after or before a certain date. But it would be cool to have a selector to choose single day...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I think the point is it always allowed us to select a single day, so there's been a change thats affected this recently. It needs to be resolved quickly... i am comfortable with the risk that custom visuals are prone to break more often, but functionality changes on built in slicers without notification isn't cool...

The Mystic Statistic

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors