Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Filter format

Hello, Is there a way we can have two same Date filters on a single report page? I want to have one date filter in Relative format (Last 2 days) and other in Calendar format where I can select the dates from the calendar.

Currently, when I do this the report gets confused which date filter to consider. Any solutions?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi anki12,

"Currently, when I do this the report gets confused which date filter to consider. Any solutions?"

<--- Based on your description, you have two filters, one is slicer based off calendar format column and other is relative filter(to filter last 2 days), right? So what's your concern? Could you clarify more details about your requirment?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Just so that I understand you want to have a relative date slicer for the last 2 days?
This will then mean that there are only 2 dates shown, and 2 dates available in the visuals?

If that is the case above the second filter will only show 2 available dates?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

So as you can see on the below image, I want both the Date visuals (which are in a different format) on the same report, if my user wants to see the data based on the last two days the Calendar date visual should be locked or disabled and vice versa.

They are on premium capacity and not PRO users. That is why they cannot see the option for changing the date filter from "Relative" to "Between"

DateVisual.PNGCapture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately what you are trying to achieve cannot happen because you are trying to filter your data using 2 date filters. That is like saying I have 2 sets of car keys why can I not use both at the same time to open the car.

With regards to changing the filter from relative to between, in the properties, enable the toggle for Slicer Header, which will then enable the arrow to be shown as shown below

image.png

image.png

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for solving this doubt @GilbertQ.

I have enabled Slicer Header and can see it on Power BI Desktop(PBI pro user) but when I publish my report, the arrow is not visible for the users under premium capacity.

Hi there,

can you make sure that you have got the Visual headers Enabled on the Visuals?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ Yes both Slicer Header and Visual Header are enabled.

I see the eraser but not the arrow. I can only see this on Power BI service when I click on Edit Report as a PRO user but we do not have edit report access for our users under premium capacity

Pic1.PNG

Hi there

From your screenshot it does appear that the visual headers are disabled?

Also when in viewing mode the users will not be able to change any slicer elements.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors