Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gromero17
Frequent Visitor

Date Filter Adds One Day to Upper Bound

I'm having an issue with a date filter in my published report. The error does not occur in the desktop version. 

Summary of the issue 

I have several tabs on the report. I set my desired date range on one tab of the report. When I switch to the any other tab, the visual has added 1 day to the upper bound. The data itself remains locked to the original date filter, but the visual is showing something difference. This repeats itself every time I change anything to the lower bound and switch tabs. All the date slicers on each tab are synced. 

This is causing a ton of confusion amongst my end users, so any help is really appreciated!

Example

I set the date range on one tab shown below. 

1.JPG  

I switch over to any other tab, and is shows this. 

2.JPG   

Note the upper bound is one day greater than the original filter I had set. 

6 REPLIES 6
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Is the relationship of your date calendar set in both directions?

Please consider to upload a dummy pbix file that can reproduce the error.

Luxpbi, 

I tested the bi-directional and mono-diectional relationship and the issue persisted. I've recreated the error using this pbix. The error only happens once I publish the pbix to the service. 

Steps to reproduce error: 

1) publish pbix to workspace.

2) Set lower bound date to 1/1/2016 on Page 1

3) Set upper bound date to 12/1/2017 on Page 1

4) Switched to Page 2 and the upper bound now reads 12/2/2017 even though the slicers are synced.

*Note you can enter in any date and the issue will come up. 

Please let me know if you cannot access the file. It's the first time I share a file. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhsd49enpa6kxtc/PBI%20Test.pbix?dl=0

gromero17,

Try this: 

• Disable the actual relationship between your calendar table and your data table. 
  • Create a new table with the following DAX code: 
CALENDAR =
CALENDAR (
    MINX ( 'Sample'; 'Sample'[Date] );
    MAXX ( 'Sample'; 'Sample'[Date] )
)
  • Create a new relathionship one to may between your new calendar table and your data table. 

For me it works. 

Hi Luxpbi, 

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried your suggestion and I'm still getting the issue. This is what my relationship looks like. Ive r2.JPG

I've tried both making the relationship with "Date Table" inactive, as well as deleting the relationship all together as shown in the image. 

Where you able to recreate the issue following the same steps I had listed in a previous response? 

Thanks again for the help!

Hi gromero17,

Your relationships must look like this:

Captura1.PNGCaptura.PNG 

Try again and let me know.

No luck 😞 

I'm beginning to think it may be something with my company's network or something. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors