Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashleylinkewich
Advocate II
Advocate II

Date Changing When Published To Service - despite coding it out with dax

Hi everyone, 

While I have had this same issue before, the previous solution doesn't seem to be working. 

My database (CDS) stores dates in UTC timezone, and I am in AEST (+10). While it displays correctly in desktop, when I publish to service the timezone changes to UTC.

Previously, adding a new column for local date using DAX (i.e UTC + 10/24) solved the problem. This time, however, it seems to be still displaying in UTC... I have also tried adding a new local time column in power query, with the same result.

Have there been any changes to the software that would change this? Or have any of you found another workaround?

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hi @lbendlin , 

Yes - I used DAX to add a new column with the adjusted date, when that didn't work, I used the local date function in power query to create a column from examples with the local time.. 

Hi @ashleylinkewich ,

Could you pls take a screeshot of your custom column about converting to the UTC time and what is showing in Service?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft 

Please see below screenshots. I have created a new column using DAX to create my local time column as pictured. DAXDAX

Incorrect DateIncorrect Date

Incorrect Date (published in service) pictured above 

Correct DateCorrect DateCorrect Date pictured above 

Hi @ashleylinkewich

Check the reference below:

http://cloudbi.com.au/converting-utc-to-local-datetime-in-power-bi/

It can help solve your issue.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft 

I used DateTime.AddZone([Date],10) which seems to work for all of my other reports, but not this one.... Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors