Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashleylinkewich
Advocate II
Advocate II

Date Axis Changing when Published

Hi all, 

I am having an issue now that I have published my report to the app. All of my scrap data comes from a web connection to the CDS, and when I publish it, it seems like the axis for my data has shifted. I am using a date table for the slicer/axis which there is a relationship with in desktop, but that doesn't seem to be working in the app form.

I have attached two screen shots: the correct has a scrap value of 859 tonnes, and incorrect 871.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?? Incorrect ScrapIncorrect Scrap

Correct ScrapCorrect Scrap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is the refresh happening via scheduled refresh on service, or you are just refreshing it in desktop and publishing it.
The dates seem to be not tying too. I would suggest:
1. Doing a refresh on desktop and publishing it a such to service and check.
2. Ideally the dates should not switch in this case.
3. When you do a refresh on service, and the dates are switiching, check on the downloaded pbix from service then.
4. Not sure if it has got to do with the server date/time of the source.

Please let me know what transpires.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ashleylinkewich
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @luapdoniv  @v-lionel-msft ,

Unfortunately after it refreshed on service the dates skewed again... when I downloaded the pbix file the dates are skewed on that as well. 

I changed my default language to Aussie english, and the settings in service have the language set as default...

Really not sure whats happening here or how to fix this, but need to have it published to management by tomorrow so hopefully we can find a solution! 

It has definitely got to do with the source data which is getting pulled over the service.
Are you doing a scheduled refresh. Can you check on the timezone kept there.

Is that any different when you do an "on-demand" refresh (Refresh Now)?

The scheduled refresh seems to be okay in terms of time zone... RefreshSettings.PNG

When I publish the report, it matches the data, and the first on demand refresh as I publish it has the same data too...

It is seemingly an issue with the auto refresh. I will try and refresh again tomorrow morning and see how I go. Do you have suggestions as to why this might be happening? 

Has got to do something with the source data (date/time on the source server) which is causing the dates to change over the refreshes...check to see the date timezone match againt the scheduled refresh times to see if it makes any sense. Am not aware of any other settings which will cause this issue.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashleylinkewich ,

I'm not sure if it's the problem caused by the date format. You try to unify the date format first and then take a look.

Date format changing desktop to web 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is the refresh happening via scheduled refresh on service, or you are just refreshing it in desktop and publishing it.
The dates seem to be not tying too. I would suggest:
1. Doing a refresh on desktop and publishing it a such to service and check.
2. Ideally the dates should not switch in this case.
3. When you do a refresh on service, and the dates are switiching, check on the downloaded pbix from service then.
4. Not sure if it has got to do with the server date/time of the source.

Please let me know what transpires.

Sure enough, when I refreshed it again on desktop and re-published, it seemed to match. I changed my chrome language regardless.

Not sure why it worked this week and not last but hopefully it remains correct! 

Thank you! 

luapdoniv
Resolver II
Resolver II

Can i know the format you have kept for the date. Seems to be like the dates in the desktop and service (based on regional settings is causing the issue).

@luapdoniv 

Yes on desktop it is in aussie date format dd/mm/yyyy, with no time or timezone. 

Is this what you mean? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors