Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datasets not connecting to Gateways in PowerBI Service

Since yesterday (14th May 2018) the Gateways are not being connected correctly to the Datasets. Prior to 14th May, this was working fine. The error presents itself when settig up the Data Refresh schedules for the Dataset in the Connect to Gateways section:

Screenshots.png

The gateway with the data source that matches those in the Dataset does exist and there is a successfull connection.... its just that the service is not picking it up. I updated the On Premise Gateway software on the local server that connetcs to the data source, but the problem still persists. This happens regardless of the Data Source type (ODBC, Folder, etc).

Please help... this is a major disruption now to our business that relies on these automatic refreshes which are now not working any more.

Clinton

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous, 

1. Please mask your private data.

2. I have to ask whether you loged in the gateway though this could be little possible.

3. Please install a On-premises gateway - personal mode. Just for test.

4. I would suggest you open a support ticket if you have a pro account.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your response. Oops... yes, I didn;t see the Private Data (login name/email address) in the screenshot..... will bare that in mind for future.

I checked the gateway connection and data source settings and all were good... as they were last week wehn everything was working. I downloaded the personal gateway, and connected the model to it, and in that instance the refresh works fine. I then deleted the original gateway, uninstalled the gateway software, and then recreated a new gateway and setup the data source... but then ended up with the same problem.

I could use the personal gateway as a temproary solution for this model, however it won't work as an all round solution as I have multiple data sources on multiple computers around the country all with Gateways installed on them... and all with the same issue.

I will create a support ticket as suggested.

Clinton

SimenJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi Clinton,

We had a similar problem last week, but it was corrected during the weekend. There was a notification about it on the Support main page: 

Gateway issues.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.... perhaps I'm losing the plot... but lookingg at that update, it does not refer to a fix. Also, I wasn't having the problem last week.... the problem started syddenly this week (yesterday specifically). Regardless of whether or not there is a fix, the problem still exists on my service account - so is there anything I need to do to get it working again? If not, and there is supposed to be a fix, its not working....

???

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors