05-15-2018 12:22 AM
Since yesterday (14th May 2018) the Gateways are not being connected correctly to the Datasets. Prior to 14th May, this was working fine. The error presents itself when settig up the Data Refresh schedules for the Dataset in the Connect to Gateways section:
The gateway with the data source that matches those in the Dataset does exist and there is a successfull connection.... its just that the service is not picking it up. I updated the On Premise Gateway software on the local server that connetcs to the data source, but the problem still persists. This happens regardless of the Data Source type (ODBC, Folder, etc).
Please help... this is a major disruption now to our business that relies on these automatic refreshes which are now not working any more.
05-15-2018 04:13 AM
We had a similar problem last week, but it was corrected during the weekend. There was a notification about it on the Support main page:
05-15-2018 04:59 AM
Ok.... perhaps I'm losing the plot... but lookingg at that update, it does not refer to a fix. Also, I wasn't having the problem last week.... the problem started syddenly this week (yesterday specifically). Regardless of whether or not there is a fix, the problem still exists on my service account - so is there anything I need to do to get it working again? If not, and there is supposed to be a fix, its not working....
05-16-2018 12:00 AM
1. Please mask your private data.
2. I have to ask whether you loged in the gateway though this could be little possible.
3. Please install a On-premises gateway - personal mode. Just for test.
4. I would suggest you open a support ticket if you have a pro account.
05-16-2018 01:22 AM
Thanks for your response. Oops... yes, I didn;t see the Private Data (login name/email address) in the screenshot..... will bare that in mind for future.
I checked the gateway connection and data source settings and all were good... as they were last week wehn everything was working. I downloaded the personal gateway, and connected the model to it, and in that instance the refresh works fine. I then deleted the original gateway, uninstalled the gateway software, and then recreated a new gateway and setup the data source... but then ended up with the same problem.
I could use the personal gateway as a temproary solution for this model, however it won't work as an all round solution as I have multiple data sources on multiple computers around the country all with Gateways installed on them... and all with the same issue.
I will create a support ticket as suggested.