cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Datasets connected to On Prem Gateway

when I connect a new report to the On Prem Gateway, it seems to create a new Mashup Evaluation Container. It uses a lot of memory and slows down the server. Is there a way to get the list of datasets connected to the On Prem gateway? Is there a way to turn off the Mashup Evaluation Container from On Prem Gateway, without opening the individual report in power bi desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Datasets connected to On Prem Gateway

Hi there

You can get the list of connected data sources, by going into the Power BI Service, then clicking on Manage Gateways.

As per the recommendation I would suggest having the On-Premise Gateway sitting on its own server, so that it does not impact anything else.
With that being said, you could also review what the PBIX files are doing and look to see if there can be some optimizations in the Power Query Editor, which could then use less memory and process the data faster.

This link below, is where you can set how many Mashup Containers to get running.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-january-update-is-now-available/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Datasets connected to On Prem Gateway

Hi there

You can get the list of connected data sources, by going into the Power BI Service, then clicking on Manage Gateways.

As per the recommendation I would suggest having the On-Premise Gateway sitting on its own server, so that it does not impact anything else.
With that being said, you could also review what the PBIX files are doing and look to see if there can be some optimizations in the Power Query Editor, which could then use less memory and process the data faster.

This link below, is where you can set how many Mashup Containers to get running.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-january-update-is-now-available/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors