Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cleovii
Helper I
Helper I

Datasets aren't publishing/refreshing (all the way)

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get my reports to refresh. However, the dataset just won't! Although it says it's linked to the report, it does not show in my "datasets" menu on the left. It does show when I navigate to the Datasets tab, however. Manual refreshes succeed on the desktop version.

So, the dataset may be refreshing, but it does not seem to link to the report. Help?

10252019 Broken Dataset Connection.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I talked with a support engineer. Power BI online is designed to work best with Chrome. I use(d) Firefox, so encountered some buggy functionality.

I'm switching to Chrome for Power BI publishing and usage. Thank you!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Have you configured your report to refresh via the Gateway?

If you could give more details to what data sources are and where they are?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

I'm connecting to Dynamics 365 online. My understanding is that I don't need a gateway to access online resources like this.

cleovii
Helper I
Helper I

The dataset and report that I would like to have refreshed both begin with 10142019. Smiley Happy

Hi @cleovii ,

Can you see the this dataset in "Settings" - "Dashboard"? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply and screenshot.

5.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lid-msft,

I can, and it is refreshing properly. However, the dataset does not exist in the right-hand navigation nor does it seem to link/refresh in the report.

10282019 Successful Refresh Schedule.png

Hi @cleovii ,

So your dataset does not exist in the left-hand navigation and Set scheduled refresh can success but the releated report can not get the new data?

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Thanks @v-lid-msft , I will update this thread with the solution I find in the support ticket.

Hi everyone,

I talked with a support engineer. Power BI online is designed to work best with Chrome. I use(d) Firefox, so encountered some buggy functionality.

I'm switching to Chrome for Power BI publishing and usage. Thank you!

I am a little confused from your image above it appears to be refreshing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

The dataset by itself, unattached/unlinked to my reports, exists and refreshes. However, the report that is supposed to link to that dataset does not refresh. The dataset is not attached to the report and does not appear in the navigation pane to the left. The dataset by itself with its refresh functionality works well; however, it fails to publish to the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors