Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ajmonster
Helper II
Helper II

Dataset won't refresh from Azure SQL

Hello

My dataset won't refresh from the Azure SQL Database. I get the following message when I try the manual refresh on the service:

Message: Microsoft SQL: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Users', database 'XXXXXXX', schema 'dbo'. Table: XXXXXXX.

I can easily refresh the data when I open the .pbix file and I have no issue overwriting the dataset that exists on the service, but this process is far from optimal. Any ideas as to what my issues could be? This problem only arised last week and prior to that the scheduled refresh was working perfectly fine.

Thanks,

ajmonster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ajmonster
Helper II
Helper II

I figured it out. For some reason the new credentials didn't pass over from Desktop to Service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ajmonster
Helper II
Helper II

I figured it out. For some reason the new credentials didn't pass over from Desktop to Service.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@ajmonster

Please try to grant the SELECT permission on the table. You can refer to this document.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would open a support issue at support.powerbi.com or raise this as an Issue.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors