Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbackes
Helper I
Helper I

Dataset refresh works fine in PBI Desktop but aborts after 30 minutes on the service

Hi all,

I have serious trouble with one of my datasets. It refreshes in two minutes without any problems in PBI desktop.

On the service, the refresh constantly aborts after 30 minutes without any specific error message. The dataset has about 2.5 million rows.

BTW, it has worked already until June, but is failing ever since.

Best
Frank

4 REPLIES 4
fbackes
Helper I
Helper I

I suspect this is a bug in the PBI service! 

@fbackes Is your gateway up to date? Have you verified that all queries are processing successfully? There have been times that I was able to successfully refresh in the Desktop, but I actually had an error in some part of one of my queries and the processing engine in the Gateway wouldn't work around it. If this was working and now isn't, it likely isn't a configuration issue... Have you looked in the log files of the gateway? I think they updated that documentation and you can generate those right from the gateway install dialogue now rather than go directly to the files.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer : Many thanks for your quick response!

I actually identified two errors:

1)

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe, version: 2.72.5556.181, time stamp: 0x5d2fd1b2
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.3416.0, time stamp: 0x5cabfc63
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000e2549
Faulting process id: 0x120c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d554fe560e300d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway\Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 7369f3ef-c0f3-11e9-80f7-005056bb1e16
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

2)
Application: Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFEB6D52549 (00007FFEB6C70000) with exit code 80131506.

I think I will activate verbose logging and see if there is more info provided.

Would really love to join your PUG! Unfortunately, it would be quite difficult for me to attend your meetings, since I'm living in Germany. 😄

Best
Frank

Verbose logging didn't lead to any more valuable info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors