Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DVE
Frequent Visitor

Dataset refresh with DataFlow, Processing error: 
The key didn't match any rows in the table.

I'm tring to solve the following issue:

For our power users we provide them DataFlow(s) to different sources. To simply this issue, I brougth the example back to just a dataflow to a database service in Microsoft Azure and that also fails in this error.

I performed the followingsteps, each time with a new configuration: 

1. PBIX to Dataflow, using view; 
  2. PBIX to Dataflow, using table; 
  3. PBIX to Dataflow, using table with marking a key; 
  4. PBIX to Azure SQL Service Database directly using view; 
  5. PBIX to Azure SQL Service Database directly using table.

Tested the following senario's (numbers correspond with steps above):

DVE_1-1624374784712.png

Steps i took to configure:

1. Create Dataflow
    1. Provide SQL Statement in Advanced settings
    2. Make sure on-primises gateway is set to none
    3. Authentication type is Microsoft Account
  2. Check Dataflow M-Code for exact naming confentions
  3. Open power bi client, check and clear all datasource permissions
  4. Attach datasouce (Dataflow or Directly)
  5. Checked M-Code
  6. Published and try refresh
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DVE
Frequent Visitor

After several attempts to get a solution from Microsoft support we requested to close the ticked, as we didn't got any answers to our questions. However someone woke up after sending this mail and we got help from a Senior Support Professional. We took him through the scenario and found a solution that was relatively simple.

We needed to change the credentials on the dataset setting in the workspace. Probebly there was something wrong with my account on the Power Bi server, with this re-adjustment it is now fixed.

DVE_1-1625747896746.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DVE
Frequent Visitor

After several attempts to get a solution from Microsoft support we requested to close the ticked, as we didn't got any answers to our questions. However someone woke up after sending this mail and we got help from a Senior Support Professional. We took him through the scenario and found a solution that was relatively simple.

We needed to change the credentials on the dataset setting in the workspace. Probebly there was something wrong with my account on the Power Bi server, with this re-adjustment it is now fixed.

DVE_1-1625747896746.png

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DVE 

I find links helpful, please refer to:

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2020/04/06/understanding-the-the-key-didnt-match-any-rows-in-the-table-...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Expression-Error-The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table...

if problem still persists, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaotang thanks, for you're reply. I allready read these articles and checked this. The DataFlow show data and the Power Bi client is refreshing the data fine locally. Ones I publish and hit refresh the dataset in Power Bi online I get this processing error. 

I also openend a ticket to Microsoft but they are researching the log's and m-code for a week now.

M-Code DataFlow:

DVE_2-1624526153560.png

M-Code Power Bi (Dataset)

DVE_1-1624525949747.png

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DVE 

thanks for your reply. 

Waiting for your information, and could you share the solution after receiving their reply? so that the others having same problem can refer to this post. 👍

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I will, although Microsoft support is not replying to my mails or updating me about thier progress. Can someone with MSDN and Power Bi Licence or Trail license try my example and see if the refresh of the dataset fails?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors