Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset refresh schedule and reports list view

As a Power BI admin is there a way we can see a view of

1. List of all reports and dashboards published in my organization?
  2. Refresh schedule for these reports - Most of the people by default choose Monday mornings as a dataset refresh schedule which puts the underlying database and the Gateway under heavy load. We need this view to spread out the refresh schedules. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
KarenL7
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is there an idea to vote on for this?  We really need an admin view for the all the reports that are scheduled we need this for performance monitoring (i.e. timing of scheduling etc) - we used to have this available in the reporting tool we migrated from?

wiegelman
Frequent Visitor

Hi, While searching for a Refresh Schedule I did find this link that tells you to go to the Admin Portal and I see where it should be but I am guessing since it is buried under Capacity Settings which wants you to have Premium Capacity, from what I can tell, you MUST have Premium Capacity to see the Refresh Schedule.  We only have Pro and I am the PBI Admin and cannot see the list of schedules in the Workspaces.

Unsure if I am missing something or some kind of permission on the Tenant.  In any case, here is the URL regarding Refresh Summaries for Power BI:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-summaries

If anyone knows more please post.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I know a work around you can consume the data from the REST API however, you must have an account in each workspace to see these details.

Here is the reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt147898.aspx

Best of luck! Like to hear your feedback.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

As of now, it is not available to list all published reports and dashboards. Either, listing scheduled refresh settings for these reports is not supported. I would suggest you check Audit logs to get some details to monitor and investigate actions taken.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is required for PowerBI admin.

Do you have guys any plan in your roadmap to have this data available for PowerBI Admins

Agree with this comment: There needs to be an admin view for all refresh schedules, bookmarked views, and subscriptions. Is there an idea somewhere out there I can vote on...?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors