Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tonyFL

Dataset refresh results in empty visuals

My dataset loads and transforms data via ODATA from Azure DevOps.

It works reliably in desktop, and used to work reliably in the service.

When I publish the report to the service, it works fine.  When it refreshes (automatically on a schedule, on on demand) suddenly the data becomes unavailable  (the visuals become locked showing no data, filters fail to show the correct data, etc).
the view in the service after a refresh

tonyFL_0-1674580220803.png

and the view in DESKTOP

tonyFL_1-1674580351150.png

Nothing changes between the desktop and the service, and it was working last week 😞

4 REPLIES 4
ghaines
Helper II
Helper II

Have you tried reseting slicers/filters to defaults in Service in case you have added conflicting filters accidentally?  Sorry, just starting with the simply solved possibilities.

Have reset everything to default.  no change.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @tonyFL ,

I am wondering if there is any error in the settings on the refresh?  And, the refresh is totally complete?  I have seen the no data issue when the refresh starts and fails and/or while the refresh is still running.....

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Refresh is totally complete. No errors visible.

Note that the same dataset refreshes completely without error in the desktop.  Next step is to replicate the dataset queries to a dataflow and see if that resolves the refresh issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors