Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gulbaz
Frequent Visitor

Dataset refresh issue with pr

I've power BI premium account and i've uploaded a dataset in size more than 1 GB.

Now my dataset is not being refrsesh through gateway as it says that it acceeds the 1024 MB limit.

If i've premium account then why i'm getting this issue.

Please help me in this regard.

Ahmed

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ok, it sounds like you have a Premium Per User license. That doesn't mean you can work with more than 1 Gb anywhere. You have to turn your workspace into a workspace with premium per user. The workspace must have a small diamon with a person. Inside of that workspace you can work with more than 1 Gb. You won't be able to use all premium features outside in a regular workspace.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gulbaz 

Which type of SKU with your Premium? Is the workspace where your reports are published deployed in the Premium capacity?

1 Different SKU have different limits on the size of the dataset.

v-cazheng-msft_1-1620283350690.png

2 For the case where the file size exceeds the limit, Power BI will handle it according to the method in this blog: File Size Increase to 1 GB.

3 Even if your organization has purchased Premium capacity, you still need to deploy your workspace to the Premium. Then you can use the feature of the Premium. For how to assign workspaces to capacities, you can refer Assigning workspaces to capacities.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gulbaz 

Which type of SKU with your Premium? Is the workspace where your reports are published deployed in the Premium capacity?

1 Different SKU have different limits on the size of the dataset.

v-cazheng-msft_1-1620283350690.png

2 For the case where the file size exceeds the limit, Power BI will handle it according to the method in this blog: File Size Increase to 1 GB.

3 Even if your organization has purchased Premium capacity, you still need to deploy your workspace to the Premium. Then you can use the feature of the Premium. For how to assign workspaces to capacities, you can refer Assigning workspaces to capacities.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Please make sure that you are publishing under a Workspace with Capacity. If you workspace name is followed by a diamon then there is a problem. If you just have a Pro account you won't be able to refresh 1 gb.

If you have all setup and the problem is still there you might be able to turn on "Scale large datasets" under dataset option to make sure that the size won't be an issue.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I've a premium account and if u go to premium pricing page of power BI, you'll find that with premium account (Not Premium capacity), you can upload up to 100 GB. I've uploaded little bit greater than 1 GB and it is uploaded successfully but the only pproblem is that it is not being refreshed through gatway.

Ok, it sounds like you have a Premium Per User license. That doesn't mean you can work with more than 1 Gb anywhere. You have to turn your workspace into a workspace with premium per user. The workspace must have a small diamon with a person. Inside of that workspace you can work with more than 1 Gb. You won't be able to use all premium features outside in a regular workspace.

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors