Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset refresh issue in PowerBI Service using direct query

Hi,

We have build a report using direct query in PowerBI Desktop. The data being used is in an SQL server, and once we hit refresh in the desktop-environment, the data refreshes correctly.

When we publish the report to the PowerBI Online service, the data is not being refreshed. We use a data gateway which is setup and working correctly:

But even after a refresh, the data doesn't correspond with the data in the SQL server. Hitting the refresh button on the report doesn't update the data, while refreshing the data in the desktop version does update and mimics the SQL Server data.

refresh problem.jpg

Is there any reason why the refresh of the PowerBI Online version is not working, do I have to set some specific setting. Even after the hour-cache refresh, which seems to work correctly, threre is no change is data. We update our SQL server twice per day, and the update is not reflected after the update of SQL Server data (it works in desktop, but not online).

cache refresh window.jpg

I checked the table and the direct query output has roughly 3000 records, so I don't believe there is a limitiation-issue.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Norman

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors