Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset refresh history

Hi ,

I have general question regarding the refresh history page. WHy does the refresh history page show onedrive refresh history tab even if I dont have onedrive sources in my dataset? Is it the default behaviour or can we turn it off? 

And also I am not able to understand when it shows the history in the onedrive tab. The timings are completely off compared to  my scheduled or on demand refreshes of my dataset. Can anyone help me understand the details under the onedrive tab? 

11 REPLIES 11
v-anabat
Employee
Employee

even I notice the same in refresh history of my reports. One thing I have oberserved here is, this is happening whenver there is ondemand refresh.
Please let us know if you already got answer for this question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I havent figured out an answer yet.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I have general question regarding the refresh history page. WHy does the refresh history page show onedrive refresh history tab even if I dont have onedrive sources in my dataset? Is it the default behaviour or can we turn it off? 

Do you mean that the refresh history page will show onedrive refresh history tab and scheduled refresh history tab?

I'm afarid that is a defallt behaviour so we cannot turn off it.

And also I am not able to understand when it shows the history in the onedrive tab. The timings are completely off compared to my scheduled or on demand refreshes of my dataset. Can anyone help me understand the details under the onedrive tab? 

What's kind of your dataset?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dataset only connects to On Premises SQL server and Excel files kept at a shared drive(not OneDrive). Since I am not connecting to any onedrive sources, I was hoping I shouldn't see that tab at all.

Again even if I dont have Onedrive sources, still I am seeing Onedrive refresh history with start and end times. What is Power BI refreshing here , since I dont have any onedrive  sources in my dataset?

Hi @Anonymous,

That's really strange.

By my test with the data source from SQL Server, I cannot reproduce your issue.

After clicking the Refresh Now, I only could see the refresh history under Scheduled.

refresh history.PNG

Please have a test with the local excel file as data source and add it to data gateway.

If you still see the refresh history under OneDrive for the local excel data source, please share the screenshot which could reproduce the issue.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Sorry for the delayed response. Though not with SQL server, I tried with a different datasource. Below is a screenshot of refresh history of a data where I the only data source connection I have is to Azure Databricks. However still I am able to see refresh history for Onedrive : 

Capture.JPG

Hope that helps to reproduce the issue.

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you create the report in Power BI Desktop and publish it to Power BI Service directly?

Or did you create the report in Power BI Desktop and upload the pbix file to OneDrive, then get data  through OneDrive in Power BI Service?

If your scenario is the second, then the dataset will be refresh under OneDrive.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

I created the report in Power BI desktop and then publihsed it to Power BI service.

Hi @Anonymous,

That's really strange. If you have Power BI Pro license, you'd better create a support ticket in here to get more professional help. 

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Hi @Anonymous

When you say you are using a Shared Drive, I think that the shared drive might actually be a oneDrive shared drive that is mapped.

And that is why you are viewing the refreshed time.

Or is your PBIX stored in OneDrive?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I think that the OneDrive tab is there for files that you access from OneDrive (which means they are refreshed directly with OneDrive) to show you their refresh history. The other one is for the refresh history for data that has gone via the On-Premise Data Gateway.

The timings might be different if you are in a different timezone?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors