Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SSRWes
Employee
Employee

Dataset refresh from Data flows

I'm getting a dataset refresh issue with a customer. Premium capacity. All tables in the data set are from 1 of 3 different Power BI data flows in the same workspace. The data flows are refreshing as expected. The data set refresh failure message is: "Data source error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: XXX" 
(The table name (XXX) varies from one attempt to the next)
I have deleted the entire report & data set and re published from the PBIX File as new and continue to get the same error on refresh.  There report and data set work as expected from the initial publishing. Just cant get the data set to refresh from data flows. I can't replicate the refresh issue from the desktop.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here... Premium, and it works in Desktop but not in the service...

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing the same issue. Source is dataflows and refreshing report seems to work on desktop and non premium workspaces but fails with the below error on premium workspaces. Wondering if the PBI team is working on this?

dataflows are on premium workspaces

dataflows refresh no problem 

datasets fail at refresh with the below error on premium workspaces

the same dataset does not fail non prem workspaces 

Capture12.PNG

My dataset in my Premium Workspace is again working this morning. Microsoft must have fixed it mostly everyone now. My guess is there was some bug in how a dataset grabs information from dataflow?

Unrelated, but are any of you doing automated incremental updates with your data? If so, is this working well for your implementation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows seem to refresh with no issues but issue still exist with dataset refreshes on premium workspaces. At this time we are not seeing issues with incremental refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After restarting our Premium Capacity w have experience no further issues refreshing datasets on premium subscriptions 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for us. Thanks! 

Did you do anything besides pause and start the resource? I paused and restarted a premium capacity and I still see the issue. Also, I was seeing this issue on a shared capacity. Both tenants worked fine < 1 week ago and both have failed 100% of the time since then. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using a gateway make sure that you are on the Feb release, and the only other thing  I would check is if there is a report with complicated dax statement that could also be causing the refresh to fail

No gateways for me. I don't think any of our DAX statements are very complex. Besides, both worked fine on a consistent basis last week and rely on different data sources.

Update. I opened a support ticket with Microsoft two weeks ago and sent them fiddler traces of the refresh failures on the Shared and Premium Capacities. The issues are still occurring 100% of the time. I will update this thread with any progress. 

Any progress on this ticket or refresh issue? It's till there.

Same issue here with refreshing a dataset. I published it yesterday and manually ran the refersh and it worked fine. Once I scheduled it, I'm getting errors about the key not matching any rows. This one is a SharePoint list. Refresh is fine from Desktop.

Also having issues here. Freshly published report/dataset and it worked yesterday. Once it had been there overnight, I'm getting errors.

We're still having issues for both Premium and Shared capacities. I have an open ticket withMicrosoft. My first ask of them was to investigate the reports from this thread because it doesn't appear to be an issue unique to tenants that we support. No word yet but I'll keep everyone in the loop if I learn anything. 

Still seeing the refresh failure issue on our side with a Premium capacity and a pretty small dataset.

We do incremental refreshes for the relevant dataflows and it seems to work fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue.  Report datasets are failing , but the underlying data flow is refreshing correctly.

• MessageThe key didn't match any rows in the table. Table: FactSales.
  • Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID5890037b-73a1-44df-8488-fe2e4fa1fbef
  • Request ID7f2b77a8-e509-4ee6-8ce9-8178ebdb1f32
  • Time2020-02-12 06:34:58Z

The Table name occasionally changes.

here is a link to another report of the same issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table/m-p/929654

Bump

Still broken on my end. How's it going for you all?

We're having the same issue on multiple tenants. I assumed it was a new capacity constraint but bumping up our Power BI and Azure capacity didn't help. Oddly the refresh works fine on Power BI Desktop. How about everyone else?

Quick follow-up. I created a support ticket and will follow-up here if I get anywhere. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors