Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nigelreilly
Helper I
Helper I

Dataset refresh failure

HI,

I am connecting to an AzureSQL Datawarehouse. Recently I have been getting an error when trying to refresh the dataset. 
The gateway is updated, the data in the dektop file updates fine too. The datasource says it is connected so I am lost as what to do next. It also connects with Google analytics.

Cluster URIWABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID966c1fc0-afe7-4783-993e-76d88d551cd6
Request IDc0df87aa-cebb-47b5-6f59-735d5b658db4
Time2018-03-16 12:06:09Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DonalMc
Advocate II
Advocate II

There is an open Advisory in the O365 Service Health for Power BI. You need to be an O365 Admin to see it, so I've copied and pasted the text.

I was getting failures with no explanation for a few days - once I disconnected GA from my dataset, they stopped.

PB132097 - Can't perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics
Service degradation
User impact:
Users may receive authentication errors when attempting to perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics.
Latest message:
Title: Can't perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics User Impact: Users may receive authentication errors when attempting to perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics. More info: Users may receive authentication errors when refreshing datasets which leverage Google Analytics data or when creating new queries. Additionally, errors may also be seen when editing or entering user credentials for Google Analytics. Current status: Our testing and validation of the fix continues, as to ensure that the solution will fully resolve the impact. We expect that the fix deployment should begin within the next 24 hours. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset of your users who are served through the affected infrastructure. Start time: Monday, March 12, 2018, at 7:21 PM UTC Preliminary root cause: An external Application Programming Interface (API) code update has resulted in authentication issues for Power BI users with data sets that leverage Google Analytics data. Next update by: Friday, March 16, 2018, at 9:30 PM UTC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DonalMc
Advocate II
Advocate II

There is an open Advisory in the O365 Service Health for Power BI. You need to be an O365 Admin to see it, so I've copied and pasted the text.

I was getting failures with no explanation for a few days - once I disconnected GA from my dataset, they stopped.

PB132097 - Can't perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics
Service degradation
User impact:
Users may receive authentication errors when attempting to perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics.
Latest message:
Title: Can't perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics User Impact: Users may receive authentication errors when attempting to perform some actions that leverage Google Analytics. More info: Users may receive authentication errors when refreshing datasets which leverage Google Analytics data or when creating new queries. Additionally, errors may also be seen when editing or entering user credentials for Google Analytics. Current status: Our testing and validation of the fix continues, as to ensure that the solution will fully resolve the impact. We expect that the fix deployment should begin within the next 24 hours. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset of your users who are served through the affected infrastructure. Start time: Monday, March 12, 2018, at 7:21 PM UTC Preliminary root cause: An external Application Programming Interface (API) code update has resulted in authentication issues for Power BI users with data sets that leverage Google Analytics data. Next update by: Friday, March 16, 2018, at 9:30 PM UTC

Thank you for taking the time to let me know this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors