Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

acevernon

Dataset refresh error on just one report

Hi

I have 4 different reports in my powerBI app and I am using the same gateway for all. 3 out 4 reports are refreshing just fine either manual or scheduled. However, there is one report that keeps failing the refresh. The visual also does not show accurate information anymore. When I try manually refreshing, I keep getting this error:

Something went wrong
Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URIWABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDee193906-adef-4847-ac4b-9fe57f01db57
Request ID948a9a22-fad3-68fa-c75b-9ab820dd6875
Time2018-03-13 22:19:47Z

Can anyone please help? I've tried looking for similar posts but the solutions does not seem to work for me. I also do not understand as to why the other 3 reports using the same gateway works except for this specific one. 

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
acevernon

Hi All

I found the solution to my issue. The database servers where the data set for the specific report that was failing had a duplicate row on one of the tables it was grabbing data from. I removed the duplicate and it started flowing through properly again. 

I tried running my report on power BI desktop and when I tried refreshing there, it showed me a message that the refresh was failing because it was waiting for a field to refresh. WHen i checked the field, there was an error message which says there are 2 entries of that specific data. so I removed one of them. 

Long story short, after pretty much the whole day looking for the cause of the issue, powerBI Desktop was great enough to be displaying specific error messages that would help users like me identify the cause of the problem. While the web app is nice, it has its limitations like showing weird error messages that does not make sense to me. 

Hope this helps others having the same problem.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
acevernon

Hi All

I found the solution to my issue. The database servers where the data set for the specific report that was failing had a duplicate row on one of the tables it was grabbing data from. I removed the duplicate and it started flowing through properly again. 

I tried running my report on power BI desktop and when I tried refreshing there, it showed me a message that the refresh was failing because it was waiting for a field to refresh. WHen i checked the field, there was an error message which says there are 2 entries of that specific data. so I removed one of them. 

Long story short, after pretty much the whole day looking for the cause of the issue, powerBI Desktop was great enough to be displaying specific error messages that would help users like me identify the cause of the problem. While the web app is nice, it has its limitations like showing weird error messages that does not make sense to me. 

Hope this helps others having the same problem.

Thanks

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

@acevernon I had same issue today and as I refresh the page the error occurs on the reports randomly. With a refresh reports 1,3,4 might work and report 2 fails, rpt 1 works and other 3 can fail.. like that. there is no particular sequence. See if it happens for you too. The solution for me was to uninstall the gateway and reinstall Feb 2018 version. If yours is the same issue, hopefully this helps. 

Thanks Deepu

I've tried that couple of times already today. But issue still the same - the 4th report is always the one failing when refreshing. 1,2,3 are always fine.  Are you referring to the personal gateway or the normal one? I've tried both now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors