Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NavaneethaRaju
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dataset refresh done but report not refreshed.

Hi,

I used a excel data. i connected the excel and create the report and i published the report in power bi service.

Excel data was accessed and saved using my personal ms office account. but in power service, i used business separate pro account(business account).  these separate user names will make any issues???

I created a gateway connection, and click the refresh button once. the dataset has been refreshed but data was not updated in report.

sometimes i have a credentials issue.

NavaneethaRaju_0-1652174563928.png

Please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It looks like you are connecting to a local file in a computer. The error says the problem is in the credentials you have provided in the gateway to reach the file.

When you get data from a local file it usually asks for Windows credentials. The way to add them would be in the following format:

user: DOMAIN\Username

pass: Password

The domain is probably the name of the computer/device. You can find it in This PC/Device properties. Then you can add your username and password. Test connections before refreshing, it must work there first.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It looks like you are connecting to a local file in a computer. The error says the problem is in the credentials you have provided in the gateway to reach the file.

When you get data from a local file it usually asks for Windows credentials. The way to add them would be in the following format:

user: DOMAIN\Username

pass: Password

The domain is probably the name of the computer/device. You can find it in This PC/Device properties. Then you can add your username and password. Test connections before refreshing, it must work there first.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors