Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rrhascall
Helper II
Helper II

Dataset refresh based on Dataflow failing

Hi fellow users!

I have a scheduled dataset refresh that has been failing for a couple of weeks.  It had been refreshing fine with no issues up until about two weeks ago.  Error:

rrhascall_1-1653588334594.png

Gateway connection for the dataset uses a combination of on-prem Oracle connections and a dataflow connection :

rrhascall_0-1653588226195.png

rrhascall_2-1653588534112.png

The dataset and report refreshes fine without errors in Power BI desktop.

The scheduled dataflow itself refreshes fine without issues.  There is just an issue with the downstream dataset refresh.

I've installed the latest versions of both Gateway and desktop.

I have also tried deleting and recreating the dataflow used.

Privacy level on all datasets is set at Organizational.

Any suggestions based on your experience?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gao,

I finally was able to resolve the data refresh issue.  I believe I was pointing to the incorrect dataflow name in one of the datasets.  I have 2 datasets in two different workspaces and they were both pointing to the same dataflow.  Once I cleared this up, all seems to be working fine.  thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rrhascall ,

1. Does the dataflow reside in a premium capacity workspace or a shared capacity workspace?

2. The underlying error message shows that the key value does not match any of the rows in the table. See if this can help you. 

The key didn’t match any rows in the table

3. Try re-editing your data source credentials, even though it appears to be working fine.

Best regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Hi Gao,

I finally was able to resolve the data refresh issue.  I believe I was pointing to the incorrect dataflow name in one of the datasets.  I have 2 datasets in two different workspaces and they were both pointing to the same dataflow.  Once I cleared this up, all seems to be working fine.  thanks!

Hi,

Here are the details of the dataset refresh error I'm receiving.  I've tried recreating the queries in the dataflow and still getting this refresh error on the dataset that is referencing the dataflow.

rrhascall_1-1654035060539.png

Hi Gao,

Thank you very much for your reply!

The dataflow resides in a shared capacity.  It contains just 4 small dimension tables so I don't believe the size is an issue.

I checked out the link you provided but it only refers to Excel sources.  The source for my dataflow is Oracle.

Not clear on what you mean regarding re-editing the data source credentials.  On the dataflow?  I've tried deleting and re-creating the dataflow with the same credentials but it didn't help.  Doesn't look like you can edit the existing credentials on a dataflow?  The dataset refresh that is failing is connecting to both the dataflow and other Oracle tables.  There is not an option to edit the credentials.  It shows as follows:

rrhascall_0-1654014477370.png

Hi,

Here are the details of the dataset refresh I'm receiving.  I've tried recreating the queries in the dataflow and still getting this refresh error on the dataset that is referencing the dataflow.

rrhascall_0-1654034963851.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors