I have this intermittently with PowerBI.
Most of my dashboards are set up with a scheduled refresh, however occasionally I need to do an Ad Hoc dataset refresh.
I do this by clicking on the elipsis (...) next to the dataset on the left nav and clicking Refresh Now.
Usually when I do this I get a Dataset Refresh In Progress message when I reclick the elipsis, however in the past day I get nothing.
The refresh doesn't happen, but there is no error message to say why not...
I have also tried adding in another scheduled refresh to see if that works and it fails with the same situation - no error, no refresh. The refresh attempt does not even show up in the refresh history.
This occurs to all my datasets. I have asked others in the workgroup to try the same and they get the same result.
The relevant Gateway is showing as Online and Ready.
I can refresh the dataset through the desktop and then re-publish but that isn't really a long term solution.
Does anyone know why this occurs and how to fix it?
Please test again to see if you are able to refresh the dataset.
Refer to this post:
Hi - none of the above solutions have worked.
It's worth noting that as of now (10.50am CET) the 10.00 refresh is scheduled as the 'Next Refresh'.
It's almost as if the whole refresh system has crashed.
Also - I have tried to refresh the report on the Desktop and publish to the server. The manual refresh succeeds, but publishing to the server is not working. Taking forever.
I am getting the exact same problem - there is no error message at all - you get the pop up "Preparing to Refresh" and then nothing happens, the pop up goes away, and then..... nothing. No error message.
Power BI is starting to lose credibility in my organisation because of this instability. We could live with the occasional failure to refresh, but this is now an ongoing issue, and none of the replies on the forums are really addressing the problem.
Incidentally - the dataset is showing the Next Scheduled Refresh is 10am today.
It is currently 11am. It's like the refresh clock stopped.
This is now occuring every couple of days - it's not good enough.
I am also experiencing this issue today with refreshing dataflows. Manual refreshes do nothing and the Next Scheduled Refresh is in the past i.e. it has not occurred when it should have done. There are no errors showing and no refresh attempt is logged in the Refresh History.