Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Volker
Regular Visitor

Dataset on Sharepoint Online scheduled refresh shows OneDrive setting menu

Hello Community,

I have several PBI Desktop files including source files on corporate Sharepoint Online and connected as dataset via Sharepoint. For most manual as well as scheduled refresh works fine (despite I have to renew the datasource credentials frequently...).

But for one dataset manual refresh fails with the error message "Unable to refresh the model (id=3293080) because it references an unsupported data source".

IIn the settings it does not show the sections "Gateway connection" and "Datasource credentials", but shows only "OneDrive Refresh" as if it was connected via OneDrive. Although it is on same sharepoint and from my point-of-view there is no real different to other datasets.

Refresh option_OneDrive.JPG

Do you have an idea? Thanks a lot for your feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Volker ,

If you connect to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business Online directly in Power BI Service. The refresh types are all named "OneDrive Refresh". This is the official design.

I have tested on my side and it works well.

SharePoint.PNG

Please check if there is any difference between our steps:

In one workspace, Get data -> Files -> SharePoint - Team Sites -> Enter Site URL to Connect to -> Select one excel file -> Connect -> Import.

And please check more error message in "Refresh history".

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Volker ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Volker ,

If you connect to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business Online directly in Power BI Service. The refresh types are all named "OneDrive Refresh". This is the official design.

I have tested on my side and it works well.

SharePoint.PNG

Please check if there is any difference between our steps:

In one workspace, Get data -> Files -> SharePoint - Team Sites -> Enter Site URL to Connect to -> Select one excel file -> Connect -> Import.

And please check more error message in "Refresh history".

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors