Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andy88
Frequent Visitor

Dataset not updating -recent error

This issue has popped up recently and not sure how to solve this. I am getting this error when working on the desktop version sometimes, but when i viewed the dataset online it was missing and I am getting the same error message as a reason why the data is not refreshing. 

We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: The property 'EnableRequestSignOff' does not exist on type 'SP.List'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type

This has only started happening from yesterday. 

Can someone help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like this is possibly a known issue at the moment if you take a look at the status of PBI Service: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

The status is: Some users may experience their Sharepoint list queries fail to refresh. Next update @ 8/9/2018 12:00 PDT

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
taneja_lokesh
Frequent Visitor

Try This:

• Go to Edit queries
  • Select Database table from sharepoint
  • Click Advance Editor
  • Change ApiVersion = 14 instead of 15.
leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Guys, it seems that  I have resolved the problem!

-Go to Edit Query, clear all cache. Then Refresh All.

-After that, go on Clear Permission and re log in for this sharepoitn source.

-Close the Edit Query, click on Refresh All.

Best,

Dung Anh

-Where do you go to "clear all cache"? Is it the credentials you mean?

@Debug_Bug File > Options > Clear Cache

Thanks very much - this looks to have fixed my issue

Even clearing the credentials does not seem to be a permanent solution. It works a few times for me, but not consistently.

I was wondering: Do you have row level security enabled on the list you receive errors on - because I do. I have not seen errors on the others...

It looks like this is possibly a known issue at the moment if you take a look at the status of PBI Service: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

The status is: Some users may experience their Sharepoint list queries fail to refresh. Next update @ 8/9/2018 12:00 PDT

andy88
Frequent Visitor

Hi, i have tried clearing cache on the query editor and on the data set and there is still the same error. 

Also the data set is still missing on the online version.

My bad, I did a few actions actually though. I thought it was the cache clearing works.

I just tested it again, and I did go to Edit Query, Edit Source Permission, clearing it and sign in again ( The one of Sharepoint!)

LMK if it works for you.

Thanks!

Dung Anh

leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same on my side!

@Amanda

Same issue here.

aflores
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Came this morning and my refresh failed. The PBI desktop is showing error at the "source", so no idea if it is a Sharepoint or PBI problem

musasi77
Frequent Visitor

I also have same issue, there's no change at the report but the data refresh failed.

At the begining, refresh by Power BI desktop worked but now it has same issue,

I reset login credential both of desktop version and the website, so far no joy.

Thanks and regards,

kumbol
Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me since yesterday. Weirdly, it sometimes passes through. It's also an issue evident in both the Service and PowerQuery on the desktop. Seems completely random.

CIRVINE94
Frequent Visitor

This error started happening for us yesterday as well. Seems to be affecting all of our reports from Power BI that pull data from Sharepoint.

DannySimpson

This started going wrong for me from yesterday... is it a PowerBI or SharePpoint issue?

DannySimpson

This started for me yesterday too... Is this PowerBI or SharePoint issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors