Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset is refreshing but not updating?

Hello,

I have designed a report in Power BI desktop (Version: 2.65.5313.621 64-bit (December 2018))

My data source is a SharePoint online list. My goal is to automatically refresh the dataset of my report when a new item is created in my SharePoint list. I have created a custom connector in Microsoft Flow who's intent is to refresh my dataset in app.powerbi.com when a new item is created in the SharePoint list. I then created a Flow rule to use this custom connector when a new item is created in SharePoint, the Flow also sends a mobile notification. All of this works as expected. I can verify the dataset is refreshing by going to my dataset settings and refresh history. The refresh history is accurate and inline when I create new SharePoint items. I've shared this report by Publishing it to Web and then sharing the URL link for the report. When accessing the URL link, it is displaying an older set of data and not the most recent set of data even though the data refresh stamp is accurate. I have tried disabling the cache, clearing the cache, and re-creating the report. I am experiencing the same behavior. I am hoping someone can help me with this problem or at least steer me in the right direction to a possible solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind. Per this link Data refresh embed code

It says embed code refreshes about every hour. I waited and verified it's working as designed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind. Per this link Data refresh embed code

It says embed code refreshes about every hour. I waited and verified it's working as designed.

Well done on finding the issue.

Just remember that publish to web reports can be found and if anyone has access to that link they can view the data in the report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors