cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliceW Member

Dataset has an automated refresh configured, but what about the Report? Confused about the logic...

Hi guys and girls,

Could you explain the logic, please? So:

1. I have created an Excel table data source, created a PBI Report in Desktop, and published it. So far, so good.

2. I have added one line in the Excel data source and saved it. 

3. In PBI Service, I went to the Dataset and clicked on 'Refresh Now'. 

4. Nothing happened in the actual report until I've clicked on the 'Refresh' button. After, the new line appeared.

Question: will my end users have to click on the 'Refresh' button in the Report everytime they access it? Can't this be done automatically?

Thanks!

Alice

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dataset has an automated refresh configured, but what about the Report? Confused about the logic

Hi @AliceW,

Based on my test, once my dataset has been refresh successfully, that my report will be updated accrodingly soon. That should because of Visual container refresh. Refreshing the visual container updates the cached report visuals, it may take some time. So you need to refresh it manually if your data is large.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 95 members 1,386 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: